- In the event that movie shows any living that is identifiable and/or recognizable personal statistics, writers want to demonstrate that permission happens to be obtained. If your patient permission kind ended up being given to the associated article, you don’t have to supply this once more when it comes to movie.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sites that are sharing. Usually they are standard choices from your own modifying pc software. an extensive guide is available from the vimeo internet site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail so will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account regarding the Hightail site. Please through the journal’s name as well as your manuscript ID number when you look at the message field – this will allow us to match your video clip to your paper. Your video clip should be gotten by the right time which you get back the modifications for the article evidence, at the extremely latest. Please be aware that in the event that you usually do not properly label your movie or if you skip the due date, this might cause delays in book of both your article in addition to video clip.
All video clip abstracts may be examined for suitability by the editorial group and book just isn’t fully guaranteed. In a few full situations editors may request edits towards the movie.
Movie abstracts are embedded inside the extensive research article online and additionally posted separately in the journal’s YouTube channel. They’ve been posted beneath the exact same copyright terms because the associated article.
Article processing fees
During distribution, authors can decide to possess their article published open access for GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers may also decide to publish their article in colour for the print version – rather than the standard choice of black colored and white – for GBP 250. There aren’t any distribution, web web page or colour that is online-only costs.
To learn more about available access, funder compliance and programmes that are institutional just click here.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 information policy. We highly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be produced available as quickly as possible, anywhere lawfully and ethically feasible. All research articles must have a Data Availability Statement. To get more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s full Data Sharing Policy web web web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the submitting writer at enough time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne reports to ORCID. We highly believe the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs are going to be good for the research community that is whole.
Please find more info about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the below article kind requirements like the necessary article lengths, pictures, dining dining dining table restrictions and guide counts. The phrase count excludes the name web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and sources. Manuscripts must certanly be because succinct as you are able to.
For further help when creating your distribution please relate to the resources available regarding the BMJ Author Hub. Right Here you’ll find informative data on writing and formatting your quest until the review that is peer and marketing your paper. You may even need to utilize the language modifying and interpretation solutions supplied by BMJ Author Services.
In the event your article is accepted it is possible to make use of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos , a totally free service that will help you increase your article’s reach.
Articles research that is reporting be complete size or brief reports. Documents should generally be at the most 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, sources, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may sporadically be produced to the, especially in the actual situation of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in basic shorter documents may well be more competitive for book. The editors will think about the merits associated with the instance for extended documents for a case-by-case foundation, but documents much longer than 5000 words won’t be considered. Writers are highly encouraged to see or watch the suggested length restrictions, as extortionate size may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper provided the space restrictions associated with log.
Writers ought to include a part entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the key messages from the study the following:
- What exactly is currently understood with this topic. In 2 or three sentence that is single points please summarise their state of systematic knowledge with this topic. Be specific and clear, maybe perhaps not obscure.
- Exactly exactly What gaps that are important knowledge occur with this subject.
- just just What this study adds. In a single or two sentence that is single points give a straightforward reply to the concern ‘ just What do we currently understand because of this research that individuals would not understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, particular, and accurate.
Term count: generally as much as 3500 words
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
sources: no limitation, but be sure to use sources just as required
this short article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external
Brief reports are reduced versions of original essays, must not meet or exceed 1500 terms, that will add one figure or table.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of internal and peer review that is external.
Letter (original research)
Research letters designed for publication must certanly be no more than 500 terms, 10 recommendations, plus one dining table or figure. Those answering articles posted within the log ought to be submitted as described below under Correspondence.
Research letters must not replicate information provided within the text of articles. They need to have name, a brief practices area, outcomes and a conversation.
This short article kind is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review.
Special communications are documents which do not report initial research information but which provide a conversation, analysis, or report on a specific topic. As a whole these must certanly be 3500 terms or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of area restrictions.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is sometimes external.
Review articles offer overview of the literature, often concerning a certain topic, nation, or geographic area. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, ought to include an abstract utilizing the after headings: objective, data sources, study selection, information removal, information synthesis, and conclusions writers publishing review manuscripts and reports for the outcomes of meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of a maximum of 250 words beneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract must start having a statement that is precise of main objective regarding the review. The main focus of the declaration ought to be directed by whether or not the review emphasises factors such as for instance write my essay cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or avoidance. It will add details about the certain populace, intervention, visibility, and test or result this is certainly being evaluated.
- Information sources – a summary that is succinct of sources is offered, including anytime limitations. Possible sources consist of professionals or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and posted indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar procedures, recommendations identified from bibliographies of relevant articles and publications, and organizations or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. In case a bibliographic database is utilized, the actual indexing terms utilized for article retrieval should always be stated, including any constraints (as an example, English language or peoples topics).
- Learn selection – The abstract should describe the requirements utilized to choose studies for step-by-step review from among studies defined as strongly related the subject. Information on selection will include specific populations, interventions, results, or designs that are methodological. The technique accustomed apply these criteria ought to be specified – for instance, blind review, opinion, numerous reviewers. The percentage of initially identified studies that came across selection requirements should really be stated.
- Information removal – directions useful for abstracting data and evaluating data quality and legitimacy (such as for example requirements for causal inference) should always be described. The strategy through which the principles had been used is stated: as an example, separate removal by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary link between the review, whether quantitative or qualitative, should always be stated. Techniques utilized to have these outcomes must certanly be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the outcomes that are major had been pooled and can include odds ratios or impact sizes and when feasible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes must certanly be combined with self- confidence periods, if relevant, and precise degrees of statistical significance. Evaluations of assessment and diagnostic tests should deal with dilemmas of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver characteristic that is operating, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis ought to include summarisations of success characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies must certanly be stated, including differences in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, result measures, follow up, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications must be demonstrably stated, limiting generalisation towards the domain associated with the review. The necessity for brand new studies might be recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally speaking 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and sources)
this short article kind is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review.